Housekeeper I-Environmental Services
October 11, 2017
Housekeeper I – Environmental Services
Main Campus, Full Time, benefits Eligible, Non-exempt, Rotating weekends and holidays, 2nd shift 4pm-12:30am.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Everything matters to us. Because when it’s your child, everything matters to you. It’s an approach to caring that produces remarkable results. As one of America’s largest and most respected pediatric academic medical centers, we are changing the lives of more than one million children who come through our doors each year. It is our mission to offer every child the best possible outcome – regardless of their family’s ability to pay. And in the process, we’re also defining the future of pediatrics and how care will be provided for generations to come. Come work where everything matters.
We are seeking a Housekeeper.
Housekeeper I is responsible for maintaining infection prevention in all (assigned) areas of the hospital. This includes patient care areas, bathrooms, lobbies, offices, and all other assigned areas. This position requires self-motivation and the ability to provide great customer service to patients, visitors, and staff
What Will You Be Doing?:
· Provide a quality environment for patient care
· Performs routine cleaning and building service work
· Maintain closet, housekeeping cart and cleaning equipment in clean, orderly and good working condition
· Meets or exceeds departmental standards of quality as evidenced by quality control inspections, and customer feedback
· Damp wiping horizontal and vertical surfaces
· high and low dusting
· Cleans and disinfect bath tubs, sinks, toilets, and urinals; clean and polish all mirrors and metal, brass and aluminum metals, glass panels in doors, cleaning and making beds.
· Dry mop and damp mop or vacuum floors; and other related duties as assigned.
· Cleaning of bodily fluids may be required.
What Are We Looking For?:
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess these minimum qualifications and experience:
· 1 year Customer Service Experience
· Ability to read and write English
· Team Player, positive attitude
· Demonstrated knowledge of Seven Basic Cleaning Steps
· Demonstrated knowledge of appropriate chemical use to meet department standards
· Adheres to departmental dress code and practices personal hygiene
Advantageous capabilities and distinctions:
· Shows initiative in expanding job related skills
Your Benefits, Your Wellness:
As an employer, Nationwide Children’s recognizes the importance of the benefits we offer. We also recognize the importance of balancing your work and personal needs. Our benefits and Employee Wellness package is designed to:
· Empower you to be a conscientious health care consumer through educational and wellness activities
· Establish a work environment that promotes health and well-being
· Support your financial protection and security in retirement
Most of our positions are benefits’ eligible from day 1. [Add link to My Benefits, My Wellness Guide.]
Minimum Physical Requirements:
· Must be able to lift 40 lbs independently
· Must be able to see, stand on feet for 8 hours, hear, walk, talk, and care of oneself with little or no difficulty