Nutrition Services Food Prep I Nutrition
October 11, 2017
Come work for an organization where everything matters.
80% FTE, Benefits Eligible
Hours: 2:30p – 9p, Every Other Weekend
This position works the chilled food station preparing salads and desserts for our kiddos. The typical shift is from 2:30 to 9 P.M. Every other weekend and holidays
The Room Service – Cold Food Production reports to the Executive Chef this position exists to prepare regular and special diet cold food items as requested; pre-prep food items according to production sheets and established recipes, under the direction of the Chef and Nutrition Services Production Coordinator.
1. Prepares cold food items according to established recipes.
2. Assembles cold food items in a timely and efficient manner.
3. Pre-preps food items as indicated on production sheets.
4. Operates cooking equipment efficiently, utilizing safety measures.
5. Operates cooking equipment efficiently, utilizing safety measures.
6. Portions food items into proper serving containers utilizing proper portion sizes.
7. Follows recipes and plating guides for all items served.
8. Garnishes food items according to recipes on a consistent basis.
9. Ensures the integrity of stored food items on the production line.
10. Creates service culture.
11. Anticipates patient/team member needs and services them.
12. Takes ownership of a problem and ensures a positive outcome, follows up each problem until it comes to a resolution.
13. Takes ownership of customer satisfaction, both internal and external customers.
14. Serves as a quality assurance control point for every aspect of the room service program.
15. Participates as a team member.
16. Ensures all actions reflect the overall program service goals.
17. Demonstrates strong verbal and written skills.
18. Presents a professional appearance in the uniform prescribed by the department at all times
19. Performs other duties as requested
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. High School graduate with 1 or more years experience as a full service restaurant pantry line cook.
2. Ability to read, measure accurately and perform basic math skills.
3. Ability to communicate to others in a clear concise manner.
4. Skill in proper operation of food production equipment (e.g., ovens, vertical cutter mixer).
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Walking/standing/bending Constantly (67–100%)
Ability to push heavy carts of food supplies Frequently (34-66%)
Independently lifting up to 50 pounds Frequently (34-66%)
Ability to use eye hand coordination in cutting, scooping food Frequently (34-66%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.