RISI Customer Support Analyst – Service Desk
October 11, 2017
Come work for an organization where everything matters.
An RISI Customer Support Analyst serves as the first point of contact for all technology related issues at The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. They provide world class service through their interactions with our users and technical competencies. During each interaction, they gather information needed from users to assist in timely resolution. They are empathetic, polite, and listen to our users in order to fully understand the issues and then respond appropriately in accordance to our practices and procedures.
• Serve as a first point of contact for RISI-related issues by responding to requests for technical assistance by phone, email, electronic self-service or in person.
• Gather needed information from users that will assist in the timely resolution of incidents and request.
• Identify situations requiring urgent attention, to better prioritize and route to appropriate area.
• Provide accurate and timely logging and resolution of issues in the Service Management system.
• Take ownership of user issues, follow the status of issues on behalf of the user, and communicate progress in a timely manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Have a polite, friendly, and empathetic presence both virtually and in person.
• Clear, confident, and calming voice tone when interacting with users.
• Maintain a questioning attitude until user’s issues are understood.
• Ability to think and act quickly.
• Detail oriented and thorough follow up.
• Expertise in conflict resolution and emotional intelligence.
• Ability to manage relationships, conflict, and communication with a high-level of proficiency.
• Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills required to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and external contacts.
• Present a professional and polished appearance.
• One on One and small group teaching skills.
• Exceptional problem solving and technical skills.
• Technical aptitude and a working knowledge of fundamental operations of Windows, PC, laptop and server hardware, and related IT equipment such as printers, wireless devices, and scanners.
• Excellent knowledge and troubleshooting experience in supporting Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Lync, & PowerPoint).
• Time management skills.
• Meet all performance metrics and follow RISI practices and procedures. Qualifications Required:
At least 2 years’ experience providing technical customer support required. Experience in healthcare environments preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required. Ability to work flexible schedules to meet job requirements. Competencies Required:
• Manages Customer Support Analyst workload by responding to user’s questions, incidents, and requests in accordance to RISI Support Center standards.
• Provides accurate and timely logging of incidents and resolution for incidents in the Service Management system.
• Gather needed information from users that will assist in the timely resolution of incidents
• Identify situations requiring urgent attention, prioritize and route to appropriate analyst or area for resolution
• Demonstrates world class interpersonal skills to communicate understanding, expectations, and resolution to foster a positive user relationship.
• Maintains high availability by routing issues to the appropriate area for troubleshooting and resolution.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Position requires ability to talk, listen and type.
• Ability to interact with customers and information systems personnel across the organization
• Typing on a computer keyboard
• Required to sit for extended periods of time
• Works in an open environment
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
EOE M/F/ Disability/Vet